Fashion Week Update……..
Volunteering can always get you in the tents, although you may have missed the deadline it’s still worth it to contact them as the tents are always in need of extra hands…..
Dress the part……..Looking and acting like a fashionista helps your chances of getting into the places you want. Obviously if your reading this blog, you must be on your style game…
Act Like You Belong There, Just stand in line with everyone else, inform those working the show that you don’t have a ticket, but you’d love to wait in standing. You’d be surprised how far a smile and a good attitude can get you in to the tents (worked wonders for me in the past)
Fashionista’s will be able to log on to www.twitter.com/babyphat and get a “backstage pass” to find out what goes on behind the scenes at one of the most fabulous shows of the year!
Sunday, February 15, 2009
Fashion Week Day Two
Yesterday I hit the tents for the Barbie Runway Show. With nearly 1500 people in attendance, standing room only, A listers and little girls scurrying about. The theme of the show was “All About Girls” and unapologetic materialism. The show began with a video installation of Barbie through the years, then featured three runway shows, based on interpretations of classic, modern and future Barbie. My favorite design was famed Barbie designer Bob Mackie, who presented a god beaded gown. Something I wish my Barbie rocked back in the day……
Fashion Week for me normally means dynamic shows, celeb sightings, chic after-parties and an extra 2 or 3 pounds at the end of the week… Yes 3 pounds!, shows often treat VIP’s (writers, editors, etc.) to decadent treats before the show and at the after-parties. Miss Tres Chic has been hitting the gym regularly and limiting her eternal love affair with desserts (with the exception of a cupcake every now and then…) I am so committed to my new regimen, even Fashion Week won’t deter me on this one!
Luckily for me, my handbag is armed with my new weight loss secret, courtesy of PurpleLab. It requires no prescription, or dreaded FDA warnings…..A wave of my Huge Lips Skinny Hips lip gloss wand actually curves my urge to snack while leaving my lips instantly plumped without the usual burning or stinging.
The secret to this tasty lip-plumping gloss is 10% Hoodia Gordoni extract, a natural appetite suppressant extracted from cactus-like plants in South Africa and Nambia. Used for centuries by the locals for its hunger curbing abilities. Hoodia works by mimicking the effects of glucose on the brain, tricking it into thinking you’ve just eaten.
The gloss is available in 6 georgeous, on-trend spring hues, like Red Sole, Love Your Thighs (personal favorite), Worship Kate, Lychee Martini, No Panty Lines and Kitty Poledancer.
On a lighter note….. Join Tres Chic Style and help 5 year Jasmina Amena realize the “Magic” of Barbie for generations to come…..
While full lips have been all the rage in Tinseltown the past few years, they have some sizable competition with the latest “It” accessory…..full luxorious lashes!
Many fashionistas denote their eyes as their best feature. We’ve spent countless dollars on high-end mascaras and lash applications. Lash extensions are unforgiving on the eyelashes amd tend to leave you with dry, brittle and damaged lashes. The fab folks at Lashfood have unveiled a natural conditioning stimulant guaranteed to enhance your lashes in just 2 to 4 weeks.
Lashfood is very similar to liquid eyeliner. For best results the makers advise you apply the serum morning and evening. I’m actually in my 2nd week and I’ve noticed a considerable difference in my sparse lashes. My lashes appear thicker and I can even apply it before my mascara application in the morning.
Best of all……Lashfood can also be used to improve thin, overplucked eybrows. The natural ingredients are safe and easy to apply to the root of the brows to stimulate hair growth.
Tres Chic Style Reader Giveaway……..
Bruno Jamais Restaurant Club brings the French Riviera to the upper east side. Where else can one dine in style until 3am with delectable cuisine such as chocolate soufflé and Foie Gras? The service and décor are equally impressive. The restaurant received the “Best Interior Design” award by Hospitality Design Magazine. There is also live entertainment on Monday nights with the best of jazz and soul. On a cold winter’s night, allow debonair owner Bruno Jamais to make you feel at home and beat the doldrums of winter.
Celebrity patrons have included: Billy Baldwin, Joan Rivers, Cindy Adams, Chazz Palminteri and even former President Bill Clinton. *Reservations are suggested and chic attire is requested.
24 East 81st Street
New York, NY 10028
One lucky winner wil receive a $50.00 Gift Certificate to Bruno Jamis by entering our Tres Chic Style Reader Giveaway.
- The contest starts Sunday February 15, 2009 and ends Thursday February 19, 2009
- Email us (email@example.com) your favorite Tres Chic Style Post. It can be a post you found informative, something that made you smile or a useful fashion tip.
- Be sure to include your name and contact information.
- Emails must be forwarded to the Tresc Chic Style email account no later than, Wednesday February 18, 2009 12 midnight (EST)
- One winner will be selected at random.
*Stay tuned for a full week dedicated to Red Carpet must haves and Fashion Week Updates…
Thursday, February 12, 2009
Dr. Smith’s Date Night Advice
When Placing Your Order…
Meat eaten in large quantities can cause bad breath, mostly due to the digestion process, which begins in the mouth.
Carbohydrates cause the strongest odors in the mouth – sugars, starches, and cellulose
Milk intolerance is also a cause of bad breath. If you are sensitive to dairy products – steer clear of ice cream desserts!
After Your Meal…
Lick the inside of your wrist. This is the best test to see if your breath is foul.
Use dental floss. Bad breath can be caused by food caught in your teeth.
Chew your garnish! Parsley is a well-known home remedy for bad breath.
Order the fruit dessert. Fresh fruits help cleanse the mouth after a meal and flush away odor-causing bacteria
At the Bar…
Alcohol dries out the mouth, which reduces saliva production.
Mojitos contain lots of fresh mint, so order one and ask for an extra mint garnish to chew on after you finish your drink.
Water will help thwart the dehydration effect of alcohol. Order one glass of water for every drink and you’ll stay sober and sweet!
Alcohol consumption causes digestive problems which leads to bad breath. In addition, alcohol dries out the mouth, which reduces saliva production.
To learn more about Dr. Smith, click here.
Friday, January 30, 2009
- Call spas and ask, ‘What specials are you offering?’ Inquire about off-season deals, cost-cutting packages, specials for new clients and whether certain days or times are cheaper than others. And don’t be afraid to admit that you’re looking for a deal.
- Try chain massage stores. The décor usually isn’t too fancy and chains are prone to staffing turnover, but the savings can be big. Massage Envy, for example, has more than 500 storefront locations nationwide and employs only certified therapists. As a member, you get one monthly massage for $49 to $59 per month (depending on location) with additional massages that month costing $39 to $49 each.
- Visit Spa schools. Most cosmetology and massage therapy schools offer a student spa/salon or clinic where treatments are done under the supervision of instructors at a fraction of the price. Search the Web sites of the American Association of Cosmetology Schools (http://www.careersinbeauty.org/) or the American Massage Therapy Association (http://www.amtamassage.org/).
- Consider Costco! The discount warehouse sells two $50 SpaFinder gift certificates for $79.99, a 20 percent savings, which can be used for treatments (including discounted ones) at any spa in the SpaFinder network.
- Search the Web. Sites like Spafinder.com, Spamagazine.com, Lifebooker.com, SpaWeek.org and Spa-addicts.com post special deals. At Google, type in your city name and “spa discount” to find promotions, or sign up for your favorite spa’s e-mail alerts on specials.
- Buy in bulk. You might be able to purchase a series of treatments—say, six for the price of five—to be used within a specified amount of time. Some spas offer a frequent-user card and the 10th visit is free.
- Ask about product deals. As spas make the transition from one season to another or change product lines, they often offer specials. These types of specials are here one day and gone the next, and they aren’t posted online, so call the front desk to ask.
Thursday, January 29, 2009
The Clarisonic Skin Care System (pictured above in Pink) received the Best of Sephora Award and has taken the beauty industry by storm. “Oprah called this ‘a miracle for the face” and we couldn’t agree more.
About the Clarisonic: The Clarisonic Skin Care Brush uses a patented sonic frequency of more than 300 movements per second to clean, soften and smooth your skin. In just 60 seconds a day, the Clarisonic micro-massage action cleans more than twice as effectively as manual cleansing. Clarisonic deeply cleanses, stimulates and opens pores for better absorption of skincare products.
How it Works: With just (2) one minute twirls a day accompanied with your preferred brand nonabrasive facial cleanser your well on your way to fabulous glowing skin. Clarisonic works with the skin’s natural elasticity to reduce oily areas, dry skin patches, fine lines and wrinkles.
Why I Love My Clarisonic: It’s simple, takes little time or effort and the results are amazing…. I take it in the shower with me or use it in the mirror at the sink. It has two power settings for different skin sensitivities. My Clarisonic even beeps to let me know it’s time to move on to the next facial area. Cheeks, Chin, Forehead and then I’m done….. I have been using this every day and one of the very first things I noticed is that when I dry my face after using it, there is no makeup residue on my towel. And it’s Pink!
Still not convinced…..
This is an actual photo of yours truly without foundation (something I hardly ever do). After two weeks look how clear my skin is… My skin feels silky and literally squeaky clean in little as one minute. Go ahead and give yourself the gift of glowing skin this Valentine’s Day, trust me you’ll never regret this one!
And look at what the experts have to say about the Clarisonic: here.
Friday, January 23, 2009
A few recession-proof ideas for a glam packed weekend….
Pamper Yourself: Give Yourself a Mini-Pedicure, First soak in soothing Epsom salts, use a pumice stone or exfoliating scrub to gently scrub the soles of your your feet and heel to remove dead skin. Thoroughly dry your feet…..Trim your toenails and push back cuticles.
Polish your toes with your favorite polish. Make sure to apply at least two coats of nail polish and a top coat of clear nail polish to give it more shine.
Even though it’s the Winter season and your feet are covered in (designer) boots, at least you will know what lurks underneath, and it’ll make you smile all day long.
Visit our sister site, The Tres Chic Style Fashionista Network for details about the amazing cosmetics giveaway!! Macy’s, Dillard’s, Saks Fifth Avenue and many other retailers are giving away free cosmetics until the 26th…
Monday, November 17, 2008
- Are you totally smitten with eyelash extensions?? Save a few dollars and head to your favorite drugstore and snag a pair of eyelashes. They’re simple easy and can be applied in less than 5 minutes. $2.69 & Up….
- Keep it chic and simple with everyone’s favorite mascara. Maybeline Great Lash is tried, tested and true…. Priced under $5, it will keep your lashes looking great and clump-free.
- Want a fabulous pout?? Burt’s Bees Beeswax Lip Balm conditions and helps smooth dry cracked lips this winter season. $2.99
Friday, October 17, 2008
October 18th is National Cupcake Day….. In honor of this momentous occasion, Miss Tres Chic has whipped up a few signature creations for my lil’ cupcakes at home!
Monday, October 6, 2008
The diamond edged bottle was a mere representation of royalty, class and distinction to fashionistas everywhere. Mr. Laurent, an incurable romantic created Paris in 1983 and dedicated it to the city of inspiration and love.
Coty, the world’s largest fragrance company, has created La Voce by Renée Fleming, in honor of Met star Renée Fleming. The launch 9/22/08 launch coincides with the Opening Night Gala of the Metropolitan Opera’s 125th anniversary season, starring Fleming.
Mommy & Fashionista Jenifer Lopez has struck gold with her successful line of fragrances. Launched in February 2008, it is her first fragrance to showcase her Hispanic heritage. The very first time, a bottle of a Jennifer Lopez scent offered a different shape from the usual long-necked bottles in the Glow series. The new flacon designed by JLo with the help of the Coty team is meant to represent a diamond in the rough, perhaps a statement about the future of the Hispanic community in America. $49.50-$59.50, Macy’s
Fashionistas just can’t seem to get enough of the Juicy Couture Brand….. Juicy has developed Juicy Couture Viva La Juicy for Juicy girls who want it all! A combination of Wild berries and Juicy Mandarin, Honey suckle, Gardenia, Jasmine, Amber, Caramel, Vanilla, Sandalwood and Praline. All boldly-goldly bottled, dangled with Juicy charms and rocked in fuchsia wrap. Yours for $65 at Macy’s
And for Day 6…….
The IsaBelt is the original fix it belt! Say Bye-Bye to back-gap, spillage, tugging and pulling.
Watch the video, here.
I’m so excited about our One Year Anniversary Give-Away! Thanks to our loyal Tres Chic Style readers who’ve entered our contest.
Many Congrats to our lucky winners:
Day 1: Tanya P. Glendale, AZ
Day 2: Sam L. Boynton Beach, FL
Day 3: Shannon P. Clifton, NJ
Day 4: Mary J. Clarksdale, MS
Day 5: 3 Lucky Winners
Melanie L. Brooklyn, NY
Elizabeth M. Stevensville, MI
Yessenia C. Houston, TX
Day 6: Could Be You!!
There’s still 2 more days to enter and you’ll all be entered to win the Grand Prize on Wednesday October 8th.
One winner will receive a gift basket filled with goodies worth up to $500. This gift bag will include I AM by Danica Aromatics ($65), The N0! No! ($250), Spa Finder Gift Certificate ($100), The One Hundred by Nina Garcia ($21.95) and a Sephora Brand Perfect 10 Brush Set ($72).
Wednesday, October 1, 2008
As a busy fashionista and mommy to two of the sweetest lil’ cupcakes in town. My morning usually begins with a 5 minute re-cap of the morning news, blogging, preparing breakfast , packing lunches, listening out for the school bus and a few extra minutes for make-up basics.
Here’s a few of my tried and true steps to get you out the door fast and looking fabulous……
Concealer (60 seconds)- Concealer may be just the trick you tired eyes need in the mornings. Dot a little under your eyes with a pat of your finger. It’ll hide your dark circles and works great when there’s little time for a complete foundation application.
Tinted Moisturizer (90 seconds)- This provides a sheer veil of color that helps to hide imperfections while offering a subtle glow and dash of moisture that provides a dewy look.
Mascara (45 seconds)- Hands down this a beauty must-have. Start applying at the base and use upward strokes. If you can spare an extra 30 seconds, grab a lash curler and clamp down & hold for 30 seconds.
Blush (30 seconds)- Sweep on your favorite hue and pay close attention to those cheekbones!
Lip gloss (15 seconds)- This last-minute step needs no mirror to apply….. Tinted lip gloss adds a hint of color fast, effortlessly and looks fabulous!
“Tres Chic Style Anniversary Give-Away of the Day” Day One
As promised we’ll be giving away a special gift each day beginning October 1, 208 and ending on October 8, 2008. Email your name and contact info (email): firstname.lastname@example.org to be entered into the contest.
Emails must be forwarded no later than, October 8, 2008 12 midnight (EST).
One winner will be selected each day during a random drawing and will be notified via e-mail to receive the prize.
And for Day One…….
0.8 oz Refillable Shooting Star Eau de Parfum Spray ($72)
- Estée Lauder brands: You can find products discontinued in the last 24 months through the company’s Gone but Not Forgotten program; you can buy up to six pieces, depending on availability. Call 800-216-7173 to start your search.
- Almay, Revlon & Ultima II: You can find discontinued products at cosmeticsandmore..com and their affiliated retail outlets (in Arizona, New York, New Jersey, and North Carolina), or call 888-882-5629 to place an order.
- Lancôme, Molton Brown and Nars: These companies sell discontinued items on their sites—Lancome-usa.com, Moltonbrown.com, and Narscosmetics.com—until inventory runs dry. Some brand sites, including Benefitcosmetics.com, Clinique.com, Lancome-usa.com, and Prescriptives.com—feature online alerts, so customers have fair warning when discontinued goods are disappearing.
If the manufacturer is unable to track down an old fave, here are some other sites worth checking out:
- Discount.makeup.com: This subsidiary of Makeup.com sells discontinued beauty products from many brands, including Shiseido and Bare Escentuals.
- Beautyencounter.com: This site sells hard-to-find products from Max Factor, Neutrogena, Goldwell, Sebastian, KMS, and more.
- Vermontcountrystore.com: Its niche is hard-to-find items, and customer service will track down products for which they get a lot of requests, even if the site doesn’t carry them. When an item is no longer manufactured and demand is sufficient, the site buys an original formula and reproduces.
- Threecustom.com: The go-to place for celebrity makeup artists, Three Custom Color specialists can replicate the exact shade and texture of just about any color cosmetic product, including blush, eyeshadow, lipstick, concealer, and foundation. The company has an archive of 9,000 makeup shades dating back to the 1930s, and it will duplicate a hue if you send a dime-size sample.