Wednesday, February 25, 2009
As we sashay our way into the Spring season, fashionistas are planning wonderful summer getaways. Whether tour jet-setting across the Europe, taking a quick peek at Spain or just laying low in the Hamptons, fashionable luggage is a must!
I’m sure many of you have experienced luggage disasters where the bags have sustained bumps and bruises courtesy of those snazzy folks at baggage handling. Now is the perfect time to snag a fabulous new set of bags. There’ s nothing better than cute luggage that stands out from the crowd and makes your arrival a breeze when your standing at the carousel.
Take a look at some beautiful travel companions…..
The fabulous folks at Steamline Luggage have taken fashionable luggage to a whole new level.
Rectangular-shaped suitcases come in regal color combos like brown and white or red and tan, as well as more whimsical options like pink and linen or teal and tan.
In fact, the pieces are pretty enough to double as home accessories….
Definitely not your granny’s old Steamer Trunk….
Available online at steamlineluggage.com
Who say’s your luggage can’t be sexy?????
Piel Leather 2XXX – Blushing Red Collection Luggage
The finest in luxurious full-grain leather, featuring YKK zippers, brass hardware and detachable/adjustable shoulder straps. Each piece is tailored to remain beautiful while enduring the rigors of active travel. And at $1,036.00 it better be……
Available at Luggage.com
DVF Luggage is a classic favorite for many fashionistas when it comes to luggage. This fuchsia carry-on is from the Hearts 2 Collection is expandable and oh so chic…. $131.00, Luggage Online
Friday, February 20, 2009
“Good Morning America” asked its viewers Wednesday to weigh in on Robin’s Oscar dress choices. More than 7,000 viewers lent their opinion for or against one of Robin’s final three dresses. The decision still has not been made and Robin still needs your help. Check out the dresses and vote here.
- Visit the official Oscar Party website
- Snag some entertaining tips and recipes courtesy of Wolfgang Puck
- Lay out the Red Carpet your family and friends
- Download Oscar ballots and predict your own winners
In other news…….
Be sure and check out The Tres Chic Style Fashionista Network for exciting weekend steals & deals.
Thursday, February 12, 2009
Dr. Smith’s Date Night Advice
When Placing Your Order…
Meat eaten in large quantities can cause bad breath, mostly due to the digestion process, which begins in the mouth.
Carbohydrates cause the strongest odors in the mouth – sugars, starches, and cellulose
Milk intolerance is also a cause of bad breath. If you are sensitive to dairy products – steer clear of ice cream desserts!
After Your Meal…
Lick the inside of your wrist. This is the best test to see if your breath is foul.
Use dental floss. Bad breath can be caused by food caught in your teeth.
Chew your garnish! Parsley is a well-known home remedy for bad breath.
Order the fruit dessert. Fresh fruits help cleanse the mouth after a meal and flush away odor-causing bacteria
At the Bar…
Alcohol dries out the mouth, which reduces saliva production.
Mojitos contain lots of fresh mint, so order one and ask for an extra mint garnish to chew on after you finish your drink.
Water will help thwart the dehydration effect of alcohol. Order one glass of water for every drink and you’ll stay sober and sweet!
Alcohol consumption causes digestive problems which leads to bad breath. In addition, alcohol dries out the mouth, which reduces saliva production.
To learn more about Dr. Smith, click here.
Friday, January 30, 2009
- Call spas and ask, ‘What specials are you offering?’ Inquire about off-season deals, cost-cutting packages, specials for new clients and whether certain days or times are cheaper than others. And don’t be afraid to admit that you’re looking for a deal.
- Try chain massage stores. The décor usually isn’t too fancy and chains are prone to staffing turnover, but the savings can be big. Massage Envy, for example, has more than 500 storefront locations nationwide and employs only certified therapists. As a member, you get one monthly massage for $49 to $59 per month (depending on location) with additional massages that month costing $39 to $49 each.
- Visit Spa schools. Most cosmetology and massage therapy schools offer a student spa/salon or clinic where treatments are done under the supervision of instructors at a fraction of the price. Search the Web sites of the American Association of Cosmetology Schools (http://www.careersinbeauty.org/) or the American Massage Therapy Association (http://www.amtamassage.org/).
- Consider Costco! The discount warehouse sells two $50 SpaFinder gift certificates for $79.99, a 20 percent savings, which can be used for treatments (including discounted ones) at any spa in the SpaFinder network.
- Search the Web. Sites like Spafinder.com, Spamagazine.com, Lifebooker.com, SpaWeek.org and Spa-addicts.com post special deals. At Google, type in your city name and “spa discount” to find promotions, or sign up for your favorite spa’s e-mail alerts on specials.
- Buy in bulk. You might be able to purchase a series of treatments—say, six for the price of five—to be used within a specified amount of time. Some spas offer a frequent-user card and the 10th visit is free.
- Ask about product deals. As spas make the transition from one season to another or change product lines, they often offer specials. These types of specials are here one day and gone the next, and they aren’t posted online, so call the front desk to ask.
Monday, January 26, 2009
With just 20 days left until Valentine’s Day, we’ve decided to assist our readers with a few snazzy gift ideas to pass on to your special Valentine….. (Hope he listens)
As a busy mom of two of the sweetest lil’ cupcakes in town there’s little time for luxurious trips to the spa. In between wiping sniffly noses and learning the latest dance moves courtesy of my 7 year old, I make some me time after they’ve gone to bed by pouring myself a cup of tea, rifling through my subscriptions of fashion magazines, a sensuous bubble bath and the alluring glow of Chesapeake Bay Votives to illuminate my personal spa retreat.
Small Filled Votive Set
Multi-fragrance set of three soy, cream-colored wax filled glass votives. Option 1 includes Honey Lemon Creme, Tonka Bean Fig, and Green Bamboo Jasmine. Approximate burn time of each votive is 15 hours. $20
The luxurious candles are made from soy wax for sustainability and a cleaner burn, feature 100% cotton, lead-free wicks, and are hand poured by skilled artisans. The stylish glass and packaging of the Chesapeake Bay Signature line are designed to be re-used.
Talk about Chic and Eco-Friendly…..
Friday, December 12, 2008
The U.S. Marines Toys for Tots are in desperate need for toy donations this year. Each year The Tres Chic Foundation host a children’s holiday party for deserving youngsters in the Bedford Stuyvesant community of Brooklyn, NY. With the assistance of generous donations like the Toys for Tots organization we are able to share in the joys of the season with hundreds of underprivileged children. I’ve been involved in toy donations for many years and this is the first time my organization has ever been faced with this dilemma. So if you can, why not help put a smile on a youngster’s face this holiday season!
- Contact your local Toys for Tots campaign office for drop-off locations
- You can Donate On-Line
- Or head over to your local Toys R Us or Babies R Us and drop off a toy in their drop-box.
Tuesday, November 25, 2008
- Chocolates- you can never go wrong with chocolates….
- Picture Frame- Almost every hostess would enjoy a beautiful picture frame. If you know your hostess well, choose a frame that will compliment her décor.
- Wine- tried tested and true…. An ordinary bottle would be a little dull and boring, so spice it up with some sassy wrap and a cute gift card.
- Gourmet Tea or Coffees- Opt for a gift basket or assemble your favorites with a ceramic mug and decorative wrap.
Thursday, October 16, 2008
Sephora Breast Cancer Awareness Pocket Brush Set, $15
And for cupcake lover’s everywhere…..
For the entire month of October, Delicious Beginnings will donate a portion of proceeds of the sales of their “Pretty in Pink” signature cupcakes to The Susan G. Komen For The Cure Foundation, $24, dozen.
Friday, October 10, 2008
Whew, what a week it’s been…..
When women are asked what they like most about their favorite pair of jeans, surprisingly comfort is in a distant second. PZI Jeans, a premium denim and related apparel brand designed to fit the woman with a streamlined waist, fuller hips, and curvy bottom, provides women the ability to enjoy their lifestyle by wearing stylish jeans with comfort.
Tres Chic Style & PZI are giving away a gift certificate for a pair of jeans from PZI Jeans to one lucky Tres Chic Style reader…..
As an added bonus you’ll also receive a dinner gift certificate for $50.00 at the ultra luxurious Bruno Jamais Restaurant Club in New York City.
Bruno Jamais Restaurant Club brings the French Riviera to the Upper East Side of Manhattan……
Where else can one dine in style until 3am with delectable cuisine such as chocolate soufflé and Foie Gras? The service and décor are equally impressive. The restaurant received the “Best Interior Design” award by Hospitality Design Magazine. There is also live entertainment on Monday nights with the best of jazz and soul. On a cold winter’s night, allow debonair owner Bruno Jamais to make you feel at home and beat the doldrums of winter.
With Chef Hok Chin at the kitchen’s helm the cuisine is sure to delight even the most discerning palates. Bruno Jamais and Chef Hok Chin have created a unique menu that has an Asian influence without losing its French integrity. Bruno Jamais is also the perfect place to book your private party and can accommodate up to 200 diners for a buffet dinner or 70 people for a sit down dinner.
If you are looking to see stars, celebrity patrons have included: Billy Baldwin, Joan Rivers, Cindy Adams, Chazz Palminteri and even former President Bill Clinton.
*Reservations are suggested and chic attire is requested.
Bruno Jamais Restaurant Club
24 East 81st Street
New York, NY
- The contest starts Friday October 10, 2008 and ends Monday October 13, 2008.
- Email us (email@example.com) your favorite Tres Chic Style Post. It can be a post you found informative, something that made you smile or a useful fashion tip.
- Be sure to include your name and contact information.
- Emails must be forwarded to my email account no later than, October 13, 2008 12 midnight (EST)
- One winner will be selected at random.
Good Luck & Thanks For Making Tres Chic Style a Huge Success…..
Friday, September 26, 2008
Fedrecia was delighted to snag some 39 cents oranges..
Opening day brought the crowd out, however the lines moved pretty quickly….
Who can’t resist a nineteen cents banana….
And yet another happy shopper….
Clad in his Hawaiian shirt, our cashier Christopher showed us how it’s really done at Trader Joe’s.